In the wake of the Trump administration’s reckless foreign policy and its attacks on American diplomats, a Biden administration will have the opportunity to revitalize American diplomacy. In this conversation, featuring congressional leaders and senior retired diplomats, we discussed the opportunities for a Biden administration to strengthen the State Department and restore diplomacy as America’s tool of first resort.
- Rep. Joaquin Castro (D-TX), Chairman of the House Foreign Affairs Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigations
- Mayor Eric Garcetti, Los Angeles
- Amb. Nancy McEldowney, Fellow, Institute for the Study of Diplomacy at Georgetown; former Director of the Foreign Service Institute; former Ambassador to Bulgaria
- Amb. Linda Thomas-Greenfield, Senior VP, Albright Stonebridge Group; former Assistant Secretary of State for African Affairs; former Director General of the Foreign Service
- Sen. Chris Van Hollen (D-MD)
- Moderator: Tom Perriello, Executive Director, Open Society-U.S.
You can watch the full video here.