June 29th, 2021
President Biden has urged American diplomats around the world to prioritize the protection of LGBTQIA+ communities, promote LGBTQIA+ human rights, and combat the criminalization of being LGBTQIA+. This panel, hosted by Foreign Policy for America and Out in National Security brought together global LGBTQIA+ human rights activists to discuss the importance of promoting and protecting LGBTQIA+ rights around the world as a centerpiece of U.S. foreign policy, how the Biden administration can fulfill its promise to make it a priority, and their experiences working in national security space.
• Julie Dorf, Senior Advisor, Council for Global Equality
• Isa Noyola, Deputy Director, Mijente
• Chloe Schwenke, Ph.D., President, Center for Values in International Development
• Alice Schyllander, Graduate Student, the George Washington University
• Moderator: Alexandra “Xander” Meise, Senior Fellow, University of Pennsylvania Carey Law School